Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hopscotch Hill- need opinions :)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ashlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm thinking about getting Hallie for my friend's daughter for Christmas. Does anyone who has her know if she would be good for a 4 year old? I just don't know if maybe she is for girls who are a little older...

    Does anyone here have any HSH girls? Who do you have? Are they as well made as the big girls? I sort of want some from myself, but I want to see them in person first.

    Also, I know there is a book about a girl named Lindy. She looks super cute! Why isn't she a doll?

    THANKS! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ninasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have Hallie and Skyler. My daughters liked them for a while, but now they are more into Marisol/Felicity/Elizabeth. I think the HHS dolls are for 4 to 6 year olds. They can pose the doll in many different ways.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member My2Girlsrunme's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My daughter has all of the hopscotch hill stuff and she loves it! She was 5 when she got it but i think 4 would be fine! The joints are a little funny looking and they are slightly shorter but much skinnier than the AG dolls. I think all of the outfits and playsets are well made and havent had any problems except for razzis cage not closing which they replaced with no problem. Lindy was a book they had in the works to probably make a doll but when they saw they were not doing to well decided not to make her. Also they will not be making HHS things anymore. Hope this helps if you any other questions let me know
    Thanks
    Samantha

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, you should check out the HB archives to view HSH posts in the past. You will see that some members love them, and others don't like them at all. There is usually not a lukewarm response to HSH. LOL!

    Personally, I love them, especially the outfit ensembles. We only have one of the dolls, though and don't plan on getting the rest.

    Edited to add that I don't think they are necessarily for younger girls (although the books and accessories certainly are). The HSH dolls have a marvelous whimsical look and would appeal to doll lovers of all ages, IMO. The perpetual smirk that some on the Board disdain is precious. Excellent teen gift [img]smile.gif[/img] .

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 12, 2005 02:10 PM: Message edited by: 4liesel ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that the HSH dolls aren't especially for very young girls. My 8 yr old granddaughter still loves her Logan and is getting an outfit, desk etc. for Christmas this year. I have Hallie and really like her too---for me that elfish facial expression has grown on me. I hope to get the rest of the outfits (they are adorable, complete and really well done) before they all retire forever.

    Karla

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ashlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! Does anyone have pictures? I wonder why they aren't very popular? Any ideas?

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ashlea:
    I wonder why they aren't very popular? Any ideas?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've always liked a variety of dolls and have never been picky about them, but the face molds for HHS just looked a little off, smirky, or elfish to me. At least some of us didn't like the face molds and painted on eyes, but I'm not sure whether or not those factors would bother girls in the target age.

    The idea for teaching children not to be afraid of school was creative!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never really like them.I guess because I am older than the age group they are made for.I think they would be great for a 4 year old though.They have very cute outfits,I think they are getting rid of them soon,so if you want one you better get hernow!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •